Sunday, February 03, 2013

Goodreads 100

MrsD has put up a book meme. I've followed suit, with a slightly different key. Obviously if I haven't read it but it's on my shelves, it will be a Fortnightly book at some point. I've cheated slightly with Les Miserables; I am at this very moment 2/3 of the way through my first reading, and will be finished with it before the end of the week. I keep miscounting, but I think this brings me to 52 books on the list that I've read. There are some odd ones on the list that I really don't expect to get around to, ever, even if I don't necessarily have anything against reading them.

Books I've read
Books I started but didn't find interesting enough to continue
Could be interested to read
If I were handed this, I'd look for the nearest cereal box as an alternative
Haven't read
** Have on my shelves currently

To Kill a Mockingbird **
The Catcher in the Rye
Fellowship of the Ring **
Pride and Prejudice **
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone ** (Philosopher's Stone, people. Philosopher's Stone!)
Romeo and Juliet **
Jane Eyre **
1984 **
Hamlet **
The Hobbit **
Brave New World
The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe **
The Great Gatsby
The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn **
Fahrenheit 451 **
Wuthering Heights **
Alice in Wonderland
The Secret Garden
Green Eggs and Ham
Little Women **
Of Mice and Men
The Handmaid's Tale
Lord of the Flies
The DaVinci Code
Frankenstein **
Dune **
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Gone With The Wind
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
A Wrinkle in Time **
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
Slaughterhouse Five
Anne of Green Gables
Twilight
Where the Sidewalk Ends **
The Little Prince **
Memoirs of a Geisha **
The Princess Bride
The Picture of Dorian Grey
The Hunger Games
Sense and Sensibility **
The Golden Compass **
Dracula **
The Color Purple
The Kite Runner
The Odyssey **
Anna Karenina
And Then There Were None **
Interview with the Vampire
The Book Thief
One Hundred Years of Solitude
The Count of Monte Cristo
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
The Joy Luck Club
Little House on the Prairie
The Giver
Life of Pi
Rebecca
The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes **
Ender's Game **
A Tale of Two Cities **
The Stranger
East of Eden
Les Miserables **
The Bell Jar
Lolita
The Road
The Time Traveler's Wife
A Prayer for Owen Meany **
The Stand
Catch-22
The Sun Also Rises **
The Pillars of the Earth
Crime and Punishment **
The Good Earth
The Unbearable Lightness of Being
The Help
Watchmen
Lonesome Dove
Water for Elephants
Outlander
American Gods
The Poisonwood Bible
My Sister's Keeper
The Master and Margarita
The Notebook
Like Water for Chocolate (but it was the original Spanish, Como agua para chocolate)
Beloved
Their Eyes Were Watching God
Invisible Man **
A Game of Thrones
The Fountainhead
The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao
Ulysses
The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle
The Brothers Karamazov
The House of the Spirits
Fight Club
Middlesex
Interpreter of Maladies